For chiropractors expanding their presence into social media, Twitter can be a unique platform. According to Twitter statistics, there are 230 million active users on the network who post an average of 500 million tweets a day. As a chiropractor and practice owner, this can raise questions like, “How can I compete?” and “How can I connect with Twitter users?”
Twitter: A Brief Overview
Twitter is a rapidly moving social media animal. It is an online social community where people can follow and connect with businesses, brands, and other users. Every Tweet is limited to a 140 character limit and is seen by all account followers. Consider it to be a brief text message to your audience of followers.
With a limited character limit, it can be difficult to express your message properly. However, there are several things you can do to maximize. For example, when sharing links, shorten the URL using tools like Bitly or ShortURL.
Tweet Ideas for Chiropractors
If you are having trouble coming up with what to share with your followers, don’t worry. Here are 5 tweet ideas for your practice that will engage your followers.
1. Take Photos – Share images of your daily work, birthdays, or celebrations at your practice. This can go a long way to put a face to your practice and humanize you and your office.
2. Promote Specials – One of the most popular (retweeted) Tweets was by the fast food chain, Wendy’s where they donated money for every retweet. The Twitter campaign raised a total of $50,000 for a foster children’s charity. Promote exclusive offers by asking followers to retweet or act on your Tweets.
3. Open Ended Questions, Facts, and Articles – Rather than continually asking followers to take action, incite thought by posing open-ended questions, sharing facts, or providing links to interesting articles.
4. Awards – If your practice has recently won an award, received new accreditation, or even generated local press, share this with your followers.
5. Funny Anecdotes – Twitter is termed “social” for a reason! Share funny jokes, silly comics, or images to entertain your audience.
Be social and engaging with your Twitter communications. These tweet ideas should instigate communication on Twitter, but there is no single formula to successfully engage your audience. Have fun with your Tweets and think outside the box. It’s an online conversation where you can engage with a range of followers and build authentic relationships.
For more information on tweet ideas and managing your chiropractic social media, call 1-800-IMATRIX today!