By: John DaSilva
6 Easy Tips To Optimize Your YouTube Channel
YouTube is the second largest search engine with over 800 million unique visitors each month. Additionally, four billion hours of video are watched every month which makes optimizing your YouTube channel an obvious priority for your chiropractic business.
One of our previous Marketing in the Matrix videos discussed how to optimize your videos, but this blog will focus on optimizing your actual YouTube Channel.
The steps to optimizing your channel are similar to how you would optimize your individual videos. There is still focus on the importance of customizing it with keyword-rich titles and descriptions. Here are six easy steps to make your YouTube Channel more noticeable.
1. First, brand your YouTube channel so that it has the same look and feel that your website has. Colors and images should be similar if not the same. Your business logo goes in the upper left hand corner next to your channel name and the background should contain the same color scheme as your website.
2. Your channel profile should include keywords that describe your services, specialties and any information that will let users know what to expect from your videos.
3. Make sure you link your social media pages including your Facebook, Twitter and Google +. This will highlight your brand’s social presence and entice visitors to explore and interact with them more.
4. Tagged keywords are another way to help people find you. Fill out as many as you can, but make sure to keep the keywords relevant to what you offer. Examples would be your profession, services and location.
5. Include your website URL http://www.yourdomainname.com) to produce a highly authoritative back link from YouTube.
6. Take advantage of creating video playlists. Once you have a collection of videos, categorize them into groups such as: testimonials, services offered, office events, etc. This will help viewers find what they’re looking for in an easier manner.
In 2013, more than 70% of companies are making an investment in video marketing. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to put your business on one of the most popular search engines, YouTube.
If you have questions about your video marketing strategy or any of our other web marketing services, please call us at 1-800-IMATRIX and we will be happy to assist you with taking your chiropractic business to the next level