In a previous blog, we covered what Google AdWords Ad Extensions are and how they work. When adding an extension to your pay-per-click campaign, there are a few factors to take into account to be sure you select the appropriate extension. In today’s blog, we will focus on the “Location Extension” and how to add it to your PPC campaign. You have likely already seen Ads in Google that look similar to the one below with a Location Extension.
The Benefits of Location Extensions
When a patient searches on Google, Google shows Ads to that patient based on their search terms. Including ad extensions, like a Location Extension, makes an ad stand out and improves an ads relevance in the ever-evolving mobile revolution. A potential patient can do a search for a chiropractor in your city, see your ad, and can find you with the touch of a finger. Potential patients know where they are located in the world. If a user recognizes your chiropractic practice’s location and can determine its close by to them, why wouldn’t they make an appointment to see you? Which ad stands out the most? Which one would you want to call?
How to Set Up Location Extensions
Before you can add a Location Extension, you need to have a verified Google Places listing for your chiropractic practice. By linking your AdWords account to your Google Places account, you can then include your practice’s location to ads. This is known as an “Upgraded location extension,” and is what we will show how to set up below.
- Begin by logging into your AdWords account (https://adwords.google.com).
- Select the “Campaigns” tab and choose the campaign to add a location to.
- Next, choose the “Ad Extensions” tab.
- Now select “View: Location extensions” from the drop-down menu.
- At this point you can either add or delete a location extension from an ad campaign. To add an extension, choose “+ Extension.” This enables you to link your campaign to your existing Google Places account. After completing the linking process, your business’ location will appear on your campaigns unless you choose to exclude it.
For more information on Ad Extensions or to access advanced options, check out the Google AdWords Support page for Location Extensions.
If you have questions about Google AdWords, Ad Extensions, or chiropractic marketing for your practice online, call 1-800-IMATRIX today. Our Internet Consultants provide one-on-one, personalized online marketing consultations.
po.src = ‘https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js’;
var s = document.getElementsByTagName(‘script’); s.parentNode.insertBefore(po, s);