You are using an outdated browser. Please upgrade your browser to improve your experience.
Posted on 09-18-2013
Have you ever been surfing the web, and realize you’re seeing an advertisement for a website that you visited recently? You are being retargeted. When a person comes to your website, a “cookie” is placed on their computer. This “cookie” allows your ads to follow them around once they leave your website and continue surfing the internet. Retargeting ads are designed to encourage a potential new patient to visit your website again. This marketing tool is specifically designed to bring website visitors back to your website to complete an action or finish the sale.
Retargeting, also known as remarketing, is a type of advertisement that follows your potential patients around the web after leaving your website. For many websites, roughly 2% of inbound traffic converts on the first visit. Retargeting attracts the other 98% that left for various reasons. This is effective because remarketing focuses your advertising budget on potential patients who have visited your website recently. Retargeting works because potential patients are familiar with your practice already and have shown interest by visiting your website. You may be asking yourself, how does this work?
It’s quite simple really, let’s look at an example: Suzie comes to your website, looks at the services you offer, and leaves your site without completing an appointment request form.
She will now start to see your ads on other websites she visits, enticing her to come back. This describes a typical experience with retargeting.
First, we research each campaign in depth. Second, we find the service that visitors are most interested in purchasing. Lastly, we use this information to create a retargeted ad that will follow visitors throughout the internet, encouraging them to come back and purchase that service.
If you would like to learn more about retargeting and how it can impact your practice, call 1-800-IMATRIX.
There are no comments for this post. Please use the form below to post a comment.