YouTube recently announced its new Google+ powered commenting system which requires users to link their YouTube and Google+ accounts. The new update allows comments to be sorted by relevancy and have a moderator. Comments from the videoâ€™s creator, popular personalities, and Google+ connections will appear at the top, along with any engaging discussions about the video.
Things to Keep in Mind with the New Update
- When creating a YouTube account, you will have the option to create a Google+ page as well.
- If you have an existing Google+ account, you will be given the option to set up a YouTube Channel that is connected to the Google+ account.
- If you have a Google+ business page, you will need to log in to this account to make business related video posts on YouTube.
- When a new video is uploaded to YouTube, the video will also post to your Google+ page under the YouTube tab which eliminates the need to share the video.
How Does this Help Your Business?
Now that users are required to use an existing Google+ account with a verifiable name to comment, there will likely be a decrease in irrelevant, derogatory, and negative commenting on videos overall. You may also find an increase of followers who partake in engaging conversations relating to the videos posted to your channel.
You also will have access to tools in your YouTube channel which allow you to:
- Review comments before they are posted
- Block specific words that may appear in comments
- Allow auto-approving of comments from certain followers
These changes will allow you to spend less time moderating your YouTube channel for negative or irrelevant comments.
The new commenting system also allows Google to personalize how its ad targeting strategies are displayed by gathering more relevant data from users. If you utilize Google AdWords, then you may see an ROI increase from users who are browsing Google and partnered websites for your services.
Find out how Google+ and YouTube can be put to work for your business, call 1-800-IMATRIX to speak to an Internet Consultant.